Gourd, Pyrography and Craft Supplies - Supplies & Tools for Gourd Art, Woodburning & Other Crafts
Supplies and Tools for Gourd Art, Pyrography, Card Making, Stamping, Scrapbooking, Woodburning and other crafts
Pyrography tools, gourd saws, rotary tools, alcohol & water-based inks, paint, metal leafing, metallic Powdered Pigments, mediums & so much more. We've been around since 1999 & there's a reason why...we offer great service & very competitive prices.
Our New Look...New Ads & Banner
I've been back in New Mexico for over 7 years now & have wanted to update our look for some time but so many things got in the way of accomplishing that. The new website was a priority & it has been up for a couple of years now so it's time to change the rest of our "look". Until now our color ads were basically sepia tones but with the total revamping of the website it was time to make the rest of the needed changes to reflect my favorite southwest colors, turquoise & terracotta..
Look for our new ads in all Gourd Magazine & local Chapter newsletters; magazines including: Wood Carving Illustrated, Scrollsaw & Woodworking & Pyrography Magazine. Our banner that stands high above our booth at shows has also been changed to coordinate with our new ads & business cards. So, now it will be much easier to recognize our ads & find us at shows. Just remember the Golden Eagle & the southwest color scheme!
Gift Certificates from Sawdust Connection
Don't know what to buy for that special person?
Sawdust Connection has the answer.....why not give a Gift Certificate!
Just click on the link below to buy a gift certificate in the denomination of your choice & let your special person shop till they drop.....
Check out the great new pages & products in our store
Page updates are done on this website from time to time. If you have visited any of the store front pages recently it's a good idea to "refresh" the page to ensure you are viewing the updated page. If you have not recently cleared the cache on your computer right click in the corner of the page & then click "refresh" or "reload" to ensure you are viewing the current version of that page with the new products, color swatches, price updates.
- NEW! - Foredom Portable High Speed Micromotor Tool & Accessories - This great new tool is perfect for those on the go or people with multiple work stations. It comes with a rechargeable battery so you can take this to classes & shows. The handpiece (motor) is small & light weight but It has plenty of power for fine detailing, polishing and even grinding on metal, wood, glass and many other materials.
- NEW! - Foredom High Speed Micromotor Tool & Accessories - Everything you need for high speed carving & detail work on gourds, wood, jewelry making & more.
- NEW! - HD68M - Medium Brass Calligraphy - This tip is not really new. I used to carry it many years ago but when I started selling other brands of burners I just didn't have enough room for the number of pens I was carrying. This tip is not just for calligraphy, it does a wonderful job on shading. It will give you nice smooth gradient tones.
- NEW! - HD5L - Large Spear/Gourd Saw - While many of our tips will cut, this tip excels at cutting. Use on fabrics, plastics, thin wood and leather, paper, stencils and gourds. This will do a great job of sawing through gourd shills with no problem. With it's curved spear shape you can do curved cuts with no problem.
- NEW! - Releases of Leather Bookmarks & Canvas Bags for Pyrography, Painting & Other Crafts have been added to the website. They are available through my Amazon Associates page. Just click on the link & you will be taken there automatically.
- NEW! - Basswood & Beech Items for Pyrography, carving, painting & other crafts have been added to the website. They are available through my Amazon Associates page. Just click on the link & you will be taken there automatically.
- NEW! - New Releases of Gourd & Pyrography Books have been added to the website. They are available through my Amazon Associates page. Just click on the link & you will be taken there automatically.
- NEW! - Acrylic Pigment Bordeaux - This really isn't new, it's a color I carried many years ago when I was selling them under the manufacturers label as Palette Hybrid Inks. This color is one of my favorites & was used to do my fall foliage gourd.
- NEW! - Razertip Adapter Cord for Detail Master pens - This new adapter cord will allow you to use your existing Detail Master Pens on Razertip power supplies.
- NEW! - Circle Stamper Tips - These brass circle tips are perfect for stamping circles. Use it just like a stamp! They are available in 3 sizes. These tips make uniform circles with each depression. They work great on wood & gourds.
- NEW! - Taklon Detail & Liner Brushes - These fabulous brushes are just what the doctor ordered for very fine detail work.
- NEW! - Razertip Gourd & Pyrography Deluxe & Ultimate Starter Sets in HD versions. These are new options with all HD Fixed-Tip Handpieces. These new HD options contain the new HD versions of the Ball Stylus & Spear tip styles.
- NEW! - My exclusive Gourd & Pyrography Tip Sets with my recommended tip styles for general pyrography & gourd art. These are the tips I personally use & recommend because of their versatility.
- NEW! - Memories Metallic Markers are the most exciting new metallic markers on the craft market today. These new markers come in dynamic and dazzling colors that sparkle and shine with a satisfying metallic sheen
- NEW! - The Inkssentials Mini Mister spray bottles are a wonderful tool for all kinds of art and craft applications. Fill with water or other craft mediums to create interesting techniques on many types of projects.
- NEW! - New Razertip products will be found in the Specialty pen page: HD versions of the 99.008 & 99.015 Ball Stylus; New tip sets: Pyrography tip set, Gourd artist tip set & the Bird Carver Micro tip set.
- NEW! - New Ink Dye Colors - I have just added 3 new colors exclusive to us. The new colors are: Autumn, Dark Chocolate & True Red. They are vibrant, rich colors I know you will love.
- NEW! - Pearl Ex Chromatic colors - If you thought the regular colors were great, just wait until you see these. The Chromatic Colors are bright, luscious and intense, with highly saturated, pure chromas, beautifully complimented by the reflective qualities of mica.
- NEW! - Decorative & exotic feathers that are great for masks & other crafts.
- NEW! - Razertip's #16 - 45 Degree "V" Shader is very similar to the #5 Bent Spear Shader. Both shaders are bent at a 45 degree angle making it very comfortable to use. The "V" shader is a wider "spread" & straighter edge. Just like the #5 Shader these are very versatile & performs much like the #5 shaders. The big difference is the wider stroke you can achieve but the #5 still remains the best overall in terms of versatility because of the spear shape it will also perform better for doing curved lines using the edge. It is available in 3 sizes.
About Sawdust Connection & My Store
As a woodburner & gourd artist I use every product I sell & I carry only the finest quality wood burning tools from the leader in the industry, Razertip. I personally worked with Razertip to make pens to meet my needs professionally & as an instructor & continue to add exclusive kits & tip sets to my store front.
I also carry a great selection of mini jigsaws that will satisfy all your needs including the Minicraft mini saw made in England & everybody's favorite the Proxxon mini saws.
I have been an artist all my life but as a child it was more of a hobby. I started my own business back in 1993 after getting burned out on the job & continued with the business until it grew too large for me to handle. A few years later Sawdust Connection was created as a means of selling our wood art. When I began teaching Pyrography in 2000 the business expanded & I started selling supplies in my classes & at woodcarving shows. By 2002 this website was created with only a few pages displaying our art & the woodburning tools. Every year the business slowly grew as I continued to add products that my customers were asking for. After retiring from a 33 year career with the VA I went full time with my business & it has continued to grow & evolve ever since. While many business' have closed their doors during this tough economy we are still rock solid & will be until I retire...again!
I AM A U.S.A. BASED BUSINESS - ORDERS ARE SHIPPED DIRECT FROM ME EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL ORDERS & ITEMS NOTED AS SHIPPING FROM THE MANUFACTURER.
Based on my years of experience in the art field & in business world I pick & choose the supplies I sell very carefully based on my own personal experience, while taking into consideration as to what my customers want. In many cases I add items because customers have requested them, but only after I test them out myself. If they meet my expectations & fit with what I already sell I will do my best to add them to our product line. I only sell products I personally use & can endorse. Why? Because I feel that if I can't honestly say I use them, like them & can discuss the pros & cons of the products how can I sell them.
Please feel free to check out my gallery to see my gourds & pyrography. You will see how I use the products I sell in my art work. So, yes, I am an artist & yes I use the products I sell!
Like most business' throughout the year I assess our product line & if items are not selling I will discontinue to make room for new merchandise. It's my goal to maintain products that are what my customers are looking for.
CRAFTERS & ARTISANS...ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
1st National Processing caters to crafters....
Before you start shopping:
I hope you will take a few minutes to scroll down & read the information below the department links. Learn why you should shop with me. Let me tell you how I am different from many companies, my business philosophy & my pricing.
You might also check out some of the feedback from some of my customers!
IMPORTANT...PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE INFORMATION REGARDING ORDERS OUTSIDE THE USA
Please click on the links below to go to each Department
|Dry Gourds||Gourd Art, Scrapbooking & Stamping Supplies||Wood Products||Beads & Embellishments|
Dry gourds for crafting
|Alcohol, chalk & dye Inks, paint, varnish & sealers, beads, gourds & seeds, gourd tools & other supplies just for gourd artists!||
Basswood & plywood products for pyrography, carving & other crafts
Hand-made wood beads & embellishments
|Razertip Pyrography Woodburning Tools, Pens & Accessories||Foredom Flexible Shaft, High Speed Micromotor & Bench Top Tools & Accessories||Mini Saws, Blades & Transformers||Razaire 530 Dust Collector, Filters & Accessories|
Pyrography, woodburning tools, starter kits, pens & accessories
|Power carving tools, kits, burs, handpieces & accessories||
Proxxon & Minicraft Saws, blades & accessories
The smallest, quietest, most powerful & versatile portable dust collection system
|Gourd & Craft Supplies||Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments||Heat-Activated Glue & Adhesives||Metal Leaf & Supplies|
|Embossing heat tools, gourd scribes & craft supplies||Metallic pure pigment mica powders can used alone or combined with almost anything||
Glue for use with metal leaf, Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments, embossing powder, glitter & more
Metal leaf, supplies & accessories
|Acrylic Pigment, Dye Inks & Memories Metallic Ink Markers||Lumiere Metallic, Pearlescent Acrylic Paint & Perfect Pigment Acrylic Paint||Finishes & Sealers||Clearance Center|
|GourdSupply Products Acrylic Pigment, Dye Inks & Memories Metallic Ink Markers||Metallic, Pearlescent & Perfect Pigment Acrylic paints for gourds, wood, fabrics & other crafts||
Varnish & Sealers
Save on discontinued products & colors
|Applicators, Brushes & Scoops||Craft, Pyrography & Woodworking Supplies||Patterns||Books|
Microbrushes, Taklon micro detail brushes, applicator cubes, cotton applicators, foam wedges & more
Pyrography tables, wood burning pen holders, transfer paper & more
|Patterns for pyrography, woodburning & other crafts||Craft, Pyrography, Gourd crafting books & other craft related books|
Rotary Tools, Butane Burners, Transformers & Accessories
Decorative & exotic feathers of every shape, size & color. Perfect for masks & other crafts.
About My Website & Online Store
My goal is to make my website user friendly. What that means is it is clean, uncluttered, organized & easy to navigate.
I started this site all by myself back in 2002. It was a major challenge for me since I was not a computer person but I did have some help from a friend in Canada. Over the years I have worked hard to maintain this site & tried to make it as easy to navigate & find things. Back then the site was small & very basic but it met my needs for many years. The internet changed & with it so did requirements for websites. That meant I had to learn all over again & it was frightening. I was fortunate to meet up with a lady who agreed to help me redesign this website to bring it into the 21st Century. For that I am forever grateful to her. I am now in the new era & am able to maintain the site all by myself!
Thanks to that wonderful lady in the UK, Tina Clark, my site is even better than ever before & much more user friendly. Can you believe we worked together for months via the internet & while it was a lot of work on both our parts it was well worth it. Thanks to Tina I gained enough confidence to maintain this site all by my lonesome.
I know how frustrating it can be to figure out where things are & finding what you are looking for without all the clutter & mess. I try to listen to comments from customers who have had real trouble finding things or navigating. Often it has turned out that they didn't scroll down on the page far enough to find the merchandise or they neglected to read the information. When I hear a comment from a customer saying they had real difficulty (& it is something that was not user error) with something on the site I try to resolve the problem to make it easier for my customers.
So, if you are having a problem with the store front or menu & can't find what you're looking for please feel free to contact me & let me know what the problem is but I think with the new search box & site map you should find it much easier to find what you are looking for. But if you need help be sure to tell me what the problem is & where you found (or didn't find) it.
How I Am Different Than Other Online Stores
When you need help, I'm the one who will give it to you, not a sales person who has never wood burned or worked on a gourd. You will get advise from someone who actually understands your needs & isn't just trying to sell a product. You will find I'm not a great sales person, just an honest person trying to help you find the tools & products you need. On top of all that I've got very competitive prices on everything I sell. What more can you ask for, good prices, good service & great products!
When you call, you get me, Nedra, not an operator or a computer or someone from some foreign country that doesn't speak American English. You don't get put on hold either, you just get fast, personalized service. I'm here to help you choose the right product.
So, who ya gonna call...Sawdust Connection, The Pyrography Specialists!
Alan & I personally research every item I sell. Some of the criteria for the selection of pyrography tools includes: superior customer support from the manufacturers I work with, prompt & efficient service & delivery of products, lasting quality of the product & it's ease & comfort in use. I have a personal relationship with each & every supplier & tool manufacturer or distributor that I represent. I ensure that they understand the importance that I give to supporting my customers & how will he/she extend themselves to make sure that every customer is happy with his or her purchase. You can be assured that everything you find in my online catalog has been tested & used by one or both of us.
If you are still overwhelmed about what to order or have any other questions please feel free to use the contact page & contact me or call me at the number on the contact page (during our regular business hours please). Please keep in mind that even though I work out of our home we both appreciate your consideration & call during my posted business hours. Like you, I need to have some personal down time to relax.
I am frequently contacted by suppliers & manufacturers to sell their products but I am very particular about who my company represents. The companies I do business with are only those who we feel meet my standards in excellence & have continued to provide me & my customers with the best quality products as well as good customer service. To me having one without the other does not meet my expectations so I don't expect you to get anything less!
I have one of the largest inventory of pyrography tools, pens, tip sets & accessories & try to ensure that all products are in stock at all times.
I was the first to offer wood burning starter kits with everything you need & the widest choice of options. I have found over the years that people just starting out like the option of having everything they need all put together for them. My pyrography kits are available for Razertip woodburners & also include gourd starter kits. I also sell starter kits for all the inks as well.
Razertip has worked closely with me & made many pens for me based on my specifications including the HD5MP, HD5MSP, #14D, #9P, the #99 ball stylus pens , the new 9L & the latest of my own pyrography & gourd tip sets.
About My Prices
I offer you very competitive prices on everything I sell including wood burning tools & accessories. Most prices are discounted every day, not just on special occasions or the 3rd Tuesday of the month or every other weekend.
I do not price match other dealers but I do price check regularly & try to make sure our prices are competitive with other dealers. I understand how important it is to get a good price so I try to offer you the best price I can without giving it away.
Some dealers are able to offer deep discounts because they are also distributors (big volume buyers) & get better discounts than small independent dealers. So, it is impossible for small independent dealers to compete & I won't even try. I try to keep the prices competitive but I do have to make a living & I'm not a distributor so I don't get the deep discounts that distributors get.
My Sales Philosophy
I AM NOT A SALES PERSON!
"It has to be not only the best, but if I wouldn't use it myself I won't sell it & if I wouldn't sell it to my mother, I won't sell it to you". That's my bottom line...not just a sales pitch!
I won't talk you into buying things you DON'T need & I might actually talk you out of buying things you don't need.
I'm not in this business to sell you things you don't need. My goal is to help you choose the right tools & products for your needs. I know what it's like to get talked into buying tools you don't need so I just won't do it.
The bottom line....I am not a salesperson (& never will be) & I will not sell you things you don't need. In fact I'm known as the crazy lady who will actually talk you out of buying things you don't need. Yup, even some of my friends think I'm nut doing this!
My goal is to treat you the way I would want to be treated by giving you more than you expect!
In addition to excellent service, I stand behind what I sell, after all I use it myself so I feel confident that you will be happy with your purchase but if you aren't, please check out my guarantee & returns
If you have comments about my products or service please let me know. I love to hear from my customers & I am continually adding products based on your feedback. I do listen!
I know you can shop anywhere so I truly appreciate you stopping by & shopping with me. I want you to know that I appreciate you & thank you for your business! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be in business.
Because of the high cost of processing unsecured (un-swiped credit card sales) to small business owners I no longer take credit cards over the phone. For the fastest service I suggest you order directly online. Ordering is secure & confidential. I do not receive your credit card info. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but this is the only way I can maintain my discounted prices.
If you do not wish to order online, please download my mail order form.
Shipping Rates, Information & Orders from Outside the USA
Please be sure to read my shipping policy for complete information including information on orders from outside the USA
My back order policy
I try to keep my inventory well stocked, but it is not always possible, especially during the holiday season or when we are traveling. When I am low on an item or out of stock I usually try to post a notice on the website to contact me before ordering & when it might be available.
I do not ship backorders separate. If you have ordered an item that is out of stock I will make an attempt to contact you to see if you wish to wait until the item is received (only if it's due within a few days), accept a substitute or cancel the order & get a refund for the item that is out of stock.
Here's what our customers have to say about me..... Customer Testimonials
Thanks for taking the time to read this page. I hope that you feel more comfortable now doing business with me.
Thanks for stopping by,
My e-mailing list
If you wish to opt-out from our mailing list, Please click here to opt-out from my mailing list. Be sure to include your name.